Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Ubuntu-Wine Office 2003 and 2007 together

From now on, I will post my experiences on Ubuntu, so I can find my solutions to problems later on...
My first post is on having Office 2003 and Office 2007 on Ubuntu with Wine 1.5.

Every time I open Word 2003 after 2007 or vice versa, it tries to reinstall certain files. It was annoying...
Here is a good solution that worked for me:

From terminal write
regedit

The opening window is the classic regedit we have on windows
In the Regedit window select:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options

Then from the menu:
Edit>New> DWORD value
add NoReReg with value 1
So my line looks like
NoReReg        REG_DWORD     0x00000001 (1)
Do the same for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options


No comments: